Thursday, 16 June 2011

Red Carnation Dress

This dress is made from reproduction print cotton that I bought a few weeks ago. The fabric is beautiful. It is really thick and soft and strangely it was nice to cut!

I used a vintage pattern for the bodice- as always, modified slightly.

The skirt is a full circle and I used some lovely pink shimmery buttons and a red glass one at the top.

Photos by Steve.

Paisley Cape for Casper

I made Casper another cape from an old woolen blanket that I got a few months ago and some paisley fabric. I decided against buttons this time and went for a tie closure, as it is easier. Babies get so wriggly!

It really suits the crisp weather we have been experiencing lately in Melbourne. You need to layer on clear cold days, and Casper looks so cute in his wooly cape, riding around town!

Sailor Bedsheet Dress

I've had this fabric for years in the form of flannelette bedsheets. I used it last Christmas to make a skirt for my cousin Lois and thought it looked so groovy- despite being a strange material choice.
This is a slightly modified "Junior Miss" pattern from the 60s.
I added some powder blue corduroy at the bottom because the skirt was too short!

Photos by Steve