Monday 18 January 2010

Rag Quilts






I was commissioned to make these quilts by a woman for her two daughters. Half of the squares on the patchwork are cut from the girls' old clothing.
I think they turned out very nicely, I embroidered their names onto each quilt and included tiny trimmings from the clothing, like bows and flowers!

The backing and binding is a gorgeous soft pink satin and I used a tying method for the actual quilting, as the patchwork was a lot more difficult and time-consuming than I had anticipated.
I prefer the pink and white quilt to the pink and green one, it just seems cleaner and more aesthetically pleasing.

1 comment:

  1. These are so pretty. I love that they are made from their clothing and you incorporated their soft toys into it too - I love that rabbit!

    ReplyDelete