Monday 22 February 2010

Rainbow Dress










I made this dress for a final project in my painting class in first year. It is a full circle skirt, that has been painted, or even dyed with very diluted acrylic paints. The bodice is of black velvet.
I was looking to achieve an effect of overall colour, and was more concerned with the process of dripping the paint onto the fabric than what the end result would be- we were studying abstract expressionism at the time...

The closure is a zip at the back, that wasn't the right colour, so I painted it black.

Photo credit to Samuel J. Davison.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! It really is dripping with colour. The colours are so fresh and juicy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dress is so cute, and I love velvet <3

    lovelove, M.
    http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete