Friday 16 March 2012

Hand Painted Shoes







I have wanted floral Dr. Martens for ages, but they are pretty pricey. So I figured I could probably paint my own, right? 
I looked up some tutorials on the internet, but none seemed to have enough pictures and information. So I gathered what knowledge I could, and set about painting a test pair of shoes.
They totally worked, didn't they? I mean I have worn them a bit and they have cracked in the obvious places, but they still look cool. Which is why, when I have time I will make a tutorial with a real pair of Docs and everybody can have their own hand painted shoes! 
The car in the photos is my Dad's, it's a 1960 Holden FB and he's been driving it since 1982. 

















And because you can't write a post about something blue without acknowledging Casper's baby blues. Sigh, he's bluetiful.



2 comments:

  1. LOVE THE SHOES! And your next pair won't crack if you prep them first and use the right paints. I am a shoe painting fanatic and there's info on this on my site, Sassy Feet. Did a YouTube video on painting shoes, too, under the name DIYsassyfeet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete