Monday 26 May 2008

ANTH



I just bought a one-way ticket to New York, because I am moving to Montreal to study Fine Art.
I just wrote it- but I can't believe it! I am going to stay with my friend, Celine in her apartment and then catch the train to Montreal a few days later.
I feel really sad about leaving my friends and family, and that sadness was really compounded when I celebrated my nineteenth birthday on Saturday. I think that it will be the one of the biggest most amazing things that will happen in my life and I'm not surprised I have mixed feelings about it.
Last night I went to a viewing of America's Next Top Hoe, which is a project my friend Sam Cremean has been working on for a good chunk of this year. It was really hilarious and wonderfully layered- I can't wait until Sam is a successful director, maybe even achieving the same recognition as that boy from the creek, Dawson Leery. Well, at least he can dream.
A notable performance last night was from Andrew Truong, who donned an oily black wig and became a woman (with great legs) for art's sake. His character's heart-breaking decision to leave the house was probably one of the best examples of dramatic finesse that I have seen for a long time.
Look it up on YouTube, because I have forgotten how to link. I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

3 comments:

  1. wow wow wow! this is so exciting, and i am incredibly pleased for you + proud of you ruby. keep me posted. i wrote you a letter months ago and it is still sitting on my desk, looking at me. but i won't send it yet, in case you're not in australia when it arrives. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

    ReplyDelete