Thursday 7 February 2013

Dinosaurs and Haircuts










I gave Casper a haircut the other night when he was in the bath. He was thoroughly unimpressed and actually screamed every time I came near him with the scissors. I upset him even more by cutting some of my own hair off to show him that it didn't hurt.

Steve gave him a frosty fruit and put 101 Dalmations on the laptop while I sat in my undies in a bath full of chopped baby hair. That's what it is, it's a chop-job. I don't know if he will let me neaten it up  and I don't know that I want to try! Oh well it's a bit Christopher Robin and a bit crust-punk, so we'll leave it at that.




This morning I found this little guy in the kitchen sink. It was very hot and dry yesterday so I'm sure he was trying to find some water. I put him in the bamboo patch out in the back garden and when Casper saw him, he said "My dinosaur!". Speaking of dinosaurs, we have been inside eating icey-poles and watching The Land Before Time which I think is a pretty excellent hot day activity.

10 comments:

  1. My eldest hate haircuts even at 6 so I hear you.....
    Looks kibda cute though :)
    We love the land before time I like it as much as my.boys.
    Happy days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine hates haircuts too. I have been doing his cuts after a tutorial from my hairdresser for about he last 3 years. Mine is very Enid Blyton short back and sides but that's all I can do! mel x Caspars looks very cute btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the Land Before Time. Gosh I can remember watching this with my boys who now are 25 and 22 where does that prescious time go.

    It may take him till he's 25 to forgive you for the trauma of the haircut though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so cute, I think you've done a great job! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fine work on the trim and very brave doing the demonstration on your own hair first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh stop it....the first picture...I LOVE IT! Caught that little slob in action!!! What a cutie you have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet dinosaur
    My 4 yo is refusing all talk of a hair cut - he wants it as long as his sister's apparently (past her shoulders)

    ReplyDelete
  8. "My dinosaur" - too cute! Yes, popsicles and The Land Before Time sound like fun on a hot day (ours are just around the corner). You should try and find the original Land Of The Lost shows, I bet Casper would love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. D used to not mind getting his hair cut much when he was younger.. now he screams bloody murder causing the barber to take a huge chunk out of it once.. he had a little bald spot for weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like a great haircut to me! It does remind me of Christopher Robin and it looks perfect for his sweet little face.

    :)

    ReplyDelete