Monday 11 February 2013

Hello Mountain, Hello Sea







Today we drove up some windy roads to the lookout at Mt. Dandenong with some friends- it was foggy (more like smoggy) and we couldn't see much. Casper was in daycare so it was fun to just be a bunch of young dudes in a '92 Corolla just riding around, baby free. We left a bit late and weren't up there for long enough to explore too much but we happened to stop in at the William Ricketts Sanctuary which is a really weird and magical place to visit if you are ever in the area.

I love the ferns and humblingly gigantic mountain ash gums in the Dandies. I think if I didn't want to live by the ocean so much I would dream about a Hobbit hole deep in the hills somewhere. In around 2 years we will be looking into moving to Gippsland, so we can have Mountains and Sea at the same time. The paintings above are from a little holiday we took at Archie's Creek last winter. We stayed in a cottage, drank wine, painted the rolling hills and listened to the cows lowing.

Oh and please don't forget to enter my giveaway, I am drawing the winners on Saturday and not many people have entered yet, so there is a chance you could win something handmade!


5 comments:

  1. Sounds fun to be out in the mountains in the Uk we have snow today which my two boys love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your beautiful blog and I'm obsessed! I'm a new follower. Hope you'll stop by sometime!

    RebeccawithanR

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pieces are lovely! If I didn't live on a different continent I'd totally enter your giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect day! Beautiful watercolours you talented soul. Just lovely! Hope your week is grand :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your pictures are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete