Sunday 24 February 2013

Sunday




It's another hot day and the tomato plants outside are wilting despite the generous drink I gave them last night. Casper is sleeping off his cold and I have been pottering about, not doing much. Drinking orange juice and wishing for a thunderstorm. This afternoon is going to be quiet, I will hang out the washing and hopefully Casper will be feeling a bit better.

This is the week before school starts for me. The semesters are quick but intense, relieved by long holidays of painting and sewing and generally keeping house. I am lucky that I get to go to school and be a mother at the same time- not many people have that luxury, but I am nervous about the workload and wondering whether I will be able to snap back into school mode after such a long and eventful Summer. I get this separation anxiety from Casper when I go to school, I suppose it will be lessened this semester as I have friends this time around, but I am still really scared and excited. 

I think I'll do fine, this week is about preparing myself. I will make a few dresses and freeze some meals and get my paints and canvasses all packed to set up my new studio! 

The top portrait is from a long time ago, probably when Casper was about 17 months old, sleeping at his Aunty Anne's house. The second one is from last night, sucking on his "figgin" (finger) watching Playschool. 



13 comments:

  1. I have just found your blog Ruby, it's lovely, such a nice little blog...to look at, and read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I will go and check yours out now x

      Delete
  2. lovely, lovely paintings! I can just love those big eyes in the second one. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE both of these...specially the gorgeous rosy cheeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your paintings are gorgeous Ruby :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am back at Uni next week too...I must admit I am dreading it a bit...it has been such a long, lovely holiday and I wish it could go on for at least a few more weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you use colour Ruby, it is spectacular. mel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful collection. Casper's going to love looking back at these in years to come! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck in your preparations for school! I hope your sweet Casper is feeling better. It is the worst when they are sick, but nice to get those extra cuddles. Lovely, lovely paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are so, so talented. i just love your beautiful paintings. good luck with your school preparations! i admire you for being able to do that. I hope little Casper continues to feel better <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, so whimsical and beautiful. With the blink of the eye it will be summer again and all your worries will be a lost thought.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful artworks Ruby. All our plants have burnt in the sun too, its so sad and so so hot, I'm still waiting for the rain that was meant to come tonight!

    Good luck this week back at school, I hope today went well!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, especially love the first one x

    ReplyDelete